IRCIMA Co-Head, Head of Laboratory of Functional Nanomaterials of Lobachevski State University of Nizhny Novgorod (UNN).
Birth day: 23.08.1954
Post: IRCIMA Co-Head
Academic rank: professor (full)
Academic degree: PhD, D.Si
Thesis: New allotropic form of silicon: preparation and properties
Research interests: solid state physics, non-crystalline semiconductor physics, ion implantation physics, liquid crystal physics.
Scientific Activities: Over 130 publications including 3 inventions, 3 patents, participation in more than 25 Russian and 15 international conferences.
- А.Ф. Хохлов, А.И. Машин, Аллотропия кремния: Монография, Н. Новгород: Изд-во Нижегородского госуниверситета, - 222 с., 2002
- Khokhlov A. F., Mashin A. I., On silicon allotropy, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 4, No. 3, pages: 523-534, 2002
- Kudryashov M.A., Mashin A.I., Logunov A.A., Chidichimo G., De Filpo G. Dielectric properties of Ag/PAN nanocomposites // Technical Physics. V. 59. № 7. 2014. P. 1012–1016.
- Logunov A.A., Mashin A.I., Stroganov I.Yu. On the role of metal contacts in solar cells based on titanium dioxide and di-(isothiocyanate)-bis-(2,2'-bipyridyl-4,4'-dicarboxylate)ruthenium(II) // Semiconductors. V. 48. № 5. 2014. P. 683-685.
- Pakhomov G.L., Travkin V.V., Tropanova A.N., Mashin A.I., Logunov A.A. Organic photovoltaic cells on polymeric substrates with buffer nanolayers // Nanotechnologies in Russia. V. 9. № 1-2. 2014. P. 77-81.
- Alekseev P.A., Dunaevskiy M.S., Ulin V.P., Lvova T.V., Filatov D.O., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Berkovits V.L. Nitride surface passivation of GaAs nanowires: Impact on surface state density // NANOLett. V. 15. № 1. 2015. P. 63-68.
- Characteristics of fullerene-based diode structures on polymer and glass substrates / V.V. Travkin, G.L. Pakhomov, M.N. Drozdov, S.A. Korolev, A.I. Mashin, A.A. Logunov // Semiconductors. 2015. Vol. 49. P. 134–137.
- Mochalov L.A., Kornev R.A., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Lobanov A.S., Kostrov A.V., Vorotyntsev V.M., Vorotyntsev A.V. Preparation of Silicon Thin Films of Different Phase Composition from Monochlorosilane as a Precursor by RF Capacitive Plasma Discharge // Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing. № March. 2016. P. 1-8.
- Detochenko A.P., Denisov S.A., Drozdov M.N., Mashin A.I., Gavva V.A., Bulanov A.D., Nezhdanov A.V., Ezhevskii A.A., Stepikhova M.V., Chalkov V.Yu., Trushin V.N., Shengurov D.V., Shengurov V.G., Abrosimov N.V., Riemann H. Epitaxially grown monoisotopic Si, Ge, and Si1 – xGex alloy layers: production and some properties // Semiconductors. V. 50. № 3. 2016. P. 345-348.
- Mochalov L.A., Lobanov A.S., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Kudryashov M.A., Strikovskiy A.V., Kostrov A.V., Vorotyntsev A.V., Vorotyntsev V.M. Influence of the preparation technique on the optical properties and content of heterophase inclusions of AS2S3 chalcogenide glasses // OPTICAL MATERIALS EXPRESS. V. 6. № 11. 2016. P. 3507-3517.
- Kudryashov M.A., Mashin A.I., Nezhdanov A.V., Logunov A.A., Gracheva T.A., Kuz’micheva, Chidichimo G., De Filpo G. Structure and Optical Properties of the Silver/Polyacrylonitrile Nanocomposites // TECHNICAL PHYSICS. V. 61. № 11. 2016. P. 1684-1688.
- Mochalov L.A., Lobanov A.S., Nezhdanov A.V., Kudryashov M.A., Mashin A.I., Stepanov A.N., Korytin A.I., Vorotyntsev A.V., Vorotyntsev V.M. Comparison of optical properties and impurities content of Ge-Sb-S-I glasses prepared by different methods // OPTICAL MATERIALS EXPRESS. V. 6. № 12. 2016. P. 3759-3765.
- Yashunin D.A., Velmuzhov A.P., Nezhdanov A.V., Murzanev A.A., Malkov Yu.A., Kudryashov M.A., Mashin A.I., Mochalov L.A., Lobanov A.S., Korytin A.I., Vorotyntsev V.M., Vorotyntsev A.V., Stepanov A.N. Comparative study of nonlinear optical properties of Ge-S-I glasses with different macrocompositions // Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids. V. 453. 2016. P. 84-87.
- Shengurov V.G., Chalkov V.Yu., Denisov S.A., Matveev S.A., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Filatov D.O., Stepikhova M.V., Krasilynik Z.F. Conditions of Growth of High-Quality Relaxed Si1 – xGex Layers with a High Ge Content by the Vapor-Phase Decomposition of Monogermane on a Sublimating Si Hot Wire // Semiconductors. V. 50. № 9. 2016. P. 1248-1253.
- Kudrin A.V., Plankina S.M., Vikhrova O.V., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Drozdov Yu.N., Shvetsov A.V. Characterization of the cleaved edge cross section of the heterostructures with GaMnAs layer by the confocal micro-Raman spectroscopy // Micron. V. 93. 2017. P. 38-42.
- Grachev D.A., Karabanova I.A., Pirogov A.V., Nezhdanov A.V., Mashin A.I., Pavlov D.A. Influence of the Deposition and Annealing Temperatures on the Luminescence of Germanium Nanocrystals Formed in GeOx Films and Multilayer Ge/SiO2 Structures // Physics of the Solid State. V. 59. № 5. 2017. P. 992-998.
- Giovanni De Filpo, Mashin A.I., Amerigo Beneduci, Giuseppe Chidichimo Reduced OFF-axis haze in polymer-dispersed liquid crystals // Liquid Crystals. V. 44. № 9. 2017. P. 1477-1483.
Since his graduation from the Faculty of Physics
at Lobachevsky University (Gorky State University) in 1976 (specialist’s degree
«Semiconductors and dielectric») Aleksandr Mashin has been working at the same
University. He defended his Candidate Degree (PhD Degree) thesis in 1982. Doctor
of Sciences Degree – in 1999. Associate professor – in 1984, Professor (Full)– since 2000.
Since 2000 – full professor at the chair of physics
of semiconductors and optoelectronics. Past teaching courses: … Current
teaching courses:…Academic secretary of academic and methodological commission
in “Microelectronics and semiconductor equipment” (Academic and methodological
association in education in the sphere of automatics, electronics,
microelectronics and radiotechnics, the member of academic and methodological
council for training of specialists in “Nanotechnology”.
The member of Academic Council of Research
Institute for Physics and Technology (UNN), the member of Academic Council at
the UNN Faculty of Physics, Vice-President of the special council for Doctor of
Sciences Degree defenses at the Faculty of Physics. Honored staff member of the
UNN. Since June 2014 – the member of the Supervisory Council of the UNN.
During the period of 2003-2017 – Deputy
Vice-Rector for research, deputy head of the Research department at the UNN.
2005-2014 – the head of the laboratory “Physics and chemistry of liquid crystals”,
since 2008 – the head of the research laboratory “Solid State electronics and
optoelectronics” in the UNN Research Department, since 2014 – the head of the
laboratory of functional nanomaterials at the UNN.
Since 1994 in accordance with the international
agreement on faculty exchange and in the framework of Russian-Italian
University Aleksandr Mashin has been invited several times to work as a
visiting professor in UNICAL (University of Calabria, Italy) giving lectures
for students and PhD students at the faculty of natural sciences, physics and
mathematics and participating in joint research
activities. Since 2006 – Co-Head of the Italian/Russian Center for Intelligent
Material Applications – IRCIMA. As the result of this collaboration 2 UNN PhD
students successfully defended their PhD thesis in UNICAL. Since 2008 Aleksandr Mashin has been the
member of Commissione Giudicatrice per il conseguimento del
titolo di dottore di ricerca in Scienze e tecnologie delle materiali.